Explore the existing wetlands, swamps, mixed forests and tranquil Bog Board-walk. Cold Creek offers 6.6 km of marked scenic nature trails for any beginner or seasoned hiker.
Cold Creek provides excellent viewing of birds. Hundreds of species of birds take advantage of the varied habitats of wetland, forest and meadow protected in our conservation area. With 55+ bird boxes on site assisting with shelter and nesting, we are seeing a consistent rise and return of bird species, a great sign of a healthy and diverse ecosystem.
Dogs are permitted at Cold Creek Conservation area; however, for the safety and enjoyment of everyone, we do insist that you:
Keep dogs on leash at all times:
- On trails and out of natural habitat
- From disturbing other dogs
- Clean up after dogs to keep trails clean and protect wildlife – waste bags are available throughout the trail (By-Law # 2002-138 section 13 & 14)
- Keep dog controlled for the safety and comfort of other users
Have the ultimate adventure with friends and family! Spring to fall, Cold Creek offers a picnic shelter located at the interior of the park and a variety of unique and intimate locations around the trail.
Visit the park during operating hours or rent the picnic shelter for your next event.
Visit the Heritage Barn and the site of the Cairns Family Farmhouse. Heritage plaque on site for your reading pleasure.
Permitted only on select trails:
- Main Driveway
- Pine Plantation Trail
- Wetlands Trail
- North Connector
- 10th Concession Trail Connector
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Cross Country Skiing & Snowshoeing
With 7km of beautiful scenic trails there is a trail for all ski levels. Beginners can enjoy the interior park while experts will be excited to explore the trails at the south end.
All other activities not identified are prohibited.
- Propane BBQs only (no charcoal BBQs allowed)
- Alcohol is not permitted in any of our outdoor spaces
- A Special Occasion Permit and General Liability Insurance must be obtained to consume alcohol in our indoor facilities during your private rental
- Tidy all messes, throw garbage away and leave the space the way you found it
- Dogs must be on-leash at all times